Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sharp Top, Peaks of Otter






She was eating and not worrying about
anything else in the world.



This one, she was actually at the top of Sharp
Top, again not worrying about anyone at all.










The view from Sharp Top! Breath-taking...






A bee just chillin' on a rock.








My beautiful son at the top of Sharp Top with me.









A ladybug we saw on the way to the summit.






























My son staring at Abbott Lake.













The house that was near Abbott Lake. Beautiful




























We spent the day on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is so nice to get away from all the hustle of everyday life and to get in touch with nature. My grandmother, my mother, myself and my son went to the Peaks of Otter to have a picnic and then took the scenic drive to the base of Sharp Top Mountain. We then took the bus up until we had about 1500 feet to travel to the top and hiked the rest. It was a gorgeous day and we got to see quite a few animals along the way. Hope you enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment